Sunday, December 9, 2012

On the Florida

I really like this river. I like it because of its small size. I also really like the types of forests and the geological landscapes it flows through. The Florida is a tributary to the Animas river, and it originates from a small, high mountain lake called Lillie in the Weminuche Wilderness. Its waters are impounded at Lemon Reservoir to provide a source of drinking water for communities in the southwest of Colorado. I hear that there is good fishing to be had out of this river, but I wouldn't know personally. The Florida eventually joins the Animas River south of Durango, just a few mile north of the New Mexico border. This area of the Florida is right off of  County Road 240 near the intersection with CR 245.

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you like it. It looks like a great spot to get away from it all.

    ReplyDelete